Collection of personal information
Hub and Spoke Health may collect your personal information to enable us to provide our services to you. This may include:
- Account information: including your name, date of birth, address, email address, contact telephone number and emergency contact details.
- Participation information: including details that are necessary for us to select and provide the appropriate Service
Financial information: including government funding, payment and/or credit card details, bank details, payment history
Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Sensitive information as below
- Other information: your device identity, I.P. address, geolocation details, page view statistics, advertising data and any other information provided by you to us via our online website and social media
- For employment or other recruitment purposes, the above as well as employment and education details and generally, information relating to qualifications and experience
We may collect information from you directly or from third parties, including where:
- You register or sign up to services
- Your provide information directly to us
- You enquire or make a booking through our website, by phone, in writing or in person
- You use our website or submit online forms
- You subscribe to newsletters
- You deal with us generally via email, letters, telephone, facsimile, online chats, expos, universities, website forms, SMS, social media applications or otherwise
- You invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase of our business
- Medical practitioners or health service providers
- Referral agencies
- Family member on your behalf
- Legal documentations
- Government agencies or insurers
- Third parties wo produce content, advertising and marketing campaigns
- Other service providers and publicly available sources
Where we collect your information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided by the third party to us. By providing personal information about another person to us, you represent that you are legally permitted to do so, and we will not be responsible for verifying any such authorisation.
To continue providing our Services, we may collect sensitive information about you. This may include:
- Biometric data such as weight and height
- Your medical history and medication you may be on
- Racial or ethnic origin, and whether you require the use of an interpreter
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs or affiliations
- Memberships of professional or trade associations
- Sexual orientation or practices
- Criminal record
- Other health related information that is necessary to provide advice regarding your treatment
Sensitive information will only be collected with consent, except where specified under the Privacy Act or required by law. Sensitive information will not be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose other than being directly related to the primary purpose or otherwise specified under the Privacy Act or required by law.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. This allows the creator of the cookie to analyse web traffic or to let them know when you visit different websites. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, and provide a more personal and interactive experience of the Service.
Third party cookies we may use include:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook pixel
- LinkedIn pixel
You can remove or opt out of marketing cookies by clearing your cookies and deleting your Internet browsing history. This can be done through the tools/setting function on your Internet browser.
Use of your personal information:
Hub and Spoke Health will collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide our services, products and information to you
- To confirm your identity
Administer contracts to you
- For record keeping and administration purposes, including accounting purposes
- To improve our products, services and customer experience
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including analytics
- To send you marketing and promotional materials or other information of interest for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act 2003). We may contact you via email, SMS, phone, social media or mail. You can opt out of receiving marketing material from us by using the unsubscribe link
- To send you administrative messages, reminders, updates and other information about our Services
- For quality, training and coaching purposes
- Assessing your employment applications and reference checking
You acknowledge and agree that we may also deal with your personal information in any other manner which is permitted by any agreement that we have in place with you (including without limitation in accordance with the privacy statement set out in the NDIS service agreement entered into between us and you (if applicable)), or in accordance with our other policies we have in place at the time.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Specialist consultants
- Support Coordinators, plan managers or equivalent for NDIS and Home Care Packages providers
- Information technology service and support providers
- Mailing houses and other such providers
- Credit, fraud and other security check providers
- Marketing businesses engaged by us
Accessing personal information
You may request access to any personal information about you that we may hold. If at any time you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request to change it.
We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases we may be unable to provide you with access to all of your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why.
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below, including your name and contact details. We will respond in a reasonable timeframe and in the manner requested by you. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to this information.
Hub and Spoke Health is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access to your personal information, we use suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure the information we collect online. Our information technology systems are password protected, using two factor authentication where applicable. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Emails and marketing
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you with marketing information about our services, including:
- Notification about activity for our services, including appointment updates and general updates
- Communication regarding your services
- Marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing. This includes where you have signed up to our marketing or promotional newsletters.
By default, you will receive these notifications to your nominated email address or contact telephone number. You may opt out of receiving marketing communication at any time by using the unsubscribe link. Your consent to receive this information will remain current until you notify Hub and Spoke Health otherwise.
Links to other websites
Questions and Complaints
We will investigate any complaints received and do our best to resolve them in a timely manner.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your enquiry or complaint, or you require further information in relation to privacy matters, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission, whose contact details are below.